Resources and links
This section aims to support teachers, parents and individuals looking at careers in surgery.
The College Careers team can provide schools and individuals with a number of resources such as the ‘So you want to be a surgeon’ booklet. We can also try to put teachers in touch with local surgeons and medical students to support careers fairs and local events.
Aside from the information on getting into medical school on our website you may find these resources useful.
- The British Medical Association: ‘ becoming a doctor’ is a useful resource, the medical A-Z is also a good source of information.
- The Bright Journals: A fantastic resource for all areas from application, keeping up to date with latest stories, profiles of medical students etc. Key area is the Library.
- Student BMJ: Useful to keep up to date with ‘Medical’ stories.
- UCAS: for information relating to specific courses, and online application.
- Direct Gov for information on funding, grants/loans etc.
- BBC: For current affairs.
- So you want to be a doctor is a great website giving you more information about everything you need to know before applying to medical school.