There are a number of sources of support available to consultants, both from College services and from external organisations.
The College provides support in the form of:
- Professional Affairs regional infrastructure provides specialty - specific support to surgeons on an individual basis
- Confidential Support and Advice Service – a surgeon-to-surgeon confidential advice service
- Invited review Mechanism - assistance in resolving concerns about individual surgeon’s or surgical unit’s performance
You might also find it useful to contact the following organisations:
- BMA – for information about terms and conditions and contracts
- Medical Defence Organisations – for advice with indemnity
- Websites such as Support4Doctors and the BMA’s Doctors for Doctors
You can find a full list of support services in the section of the College website.