You can join as an Associate if you:
- have a primary medical degree
- have GMC registration
- are practicing properly supervised surgery in the UK*
- are not a current or ex member or fellow of another UK Surgical Royal College**
As an Associate you will receive a wide range of privileges including the following:
- New Benefit - FREE access to Online Surgeons' Portfolio to support revalidation (saving you £400)
- Monthly e-newsletter and regular President’s emails
- Discount on selected training courses
- Advance notice of relevant Education courses
- 20% discount on any book from Cambridge University Press
- 20% discount on medicine titles from Oxford University Press
- FREE online access to the College’s Annals and Bulletin
- Online support from the Library
- e-journals and databases (e.g. British Journal of Surgery, The Lancet)
- Information and services (such as literature searching advice)
- On-site access to the Library’s current and historical collections and services
- FREE access to Wellcome Museum of Anatomy & Pathology
- Hunterian Museum evening lectures free to Associates plus one guest
- Hunterian Museum family events free to Associates with their families (up to 4 people)
- FREE use of College facilities, including members’ lounge with free Wi-Fi, newspapers, tea and coffee
- Discount on Nuffield accommodation
- Discounted room and facility hire
- RCS wedding venue discount
- FREE College Diary
The new Associate Scheme will carry an annual charge, currently £375.00.
- Associates cannot use title of member or fellow or use MRCS or FRCS post-nominals.
- Associates cannot change to other membership categories, unless they have qualified by sitting the relevant exam.
- The College reserves the right to remove, or refuse to grant, Associate status to any individual whose conduct is deemed in any professional respect to be unsatisfactory.
To register, please complete our registration form (this will re-direct to the main RCS website) along with your completed references and copy of your C.V. If you have any comments or questions please contact us