You can join as an Affiliate if you are medical or dental student studying at a UK university, or a Foundation or Core Surgical or dental trainee who has not yet passed their MRCS or MJDF.
As an Affiliate, will receive a huge range of benefits, including careers support and advice, career development events tailored specifically to your needs and access to our library services and e-journals.
In addition to these, as an Affiliate, you will also receive:
- Selected bursaries
- Free online access to the College’s Annals, Bulletin, FDJ and e-resources *
- Free access to study facilities and learning resources in the Library, Lumley Study Centre
- Free access to Wellcome Museum of Anatomy & Pathology
- Regular online newsletter and ad-hoc emails keeping you up-to-date with developments in surgery and relevant training information
- Access to events incl. Affiliates’ Day, Student Research Symposium and FDS events
- Priority booking on Surgical Careers Afternoons providing advice on careers and skills
- Advance notice of relevant Education courses
- Online Affiliates Area
- Exclusive use of the Wellcome Museum of Anatomy & Pathology for exam candidates on the Saturday before MRCS exams commence **
- Hunterian Museum evening lectures free to Affiliates
- RCS wedding venue discount
- Free College Diary
*E-journals other than Annals, Bulletin and FDJ not available to Student Affiliates due to licensing reasons
** Not available to Student Affiliates
What does it cost?
£15 per annum.