How can we help?
Opportunities in Surgery provides a number of services for trainees interested in and pursuing a surgical career.
If you have a query relating to a career in surgery that you do not feel has been answered by the website please feel free to email us or see the links below.
If you are a
pre-MRCS trainee in either the foundation programme or a core trainee you are
eligible to become an affiliate.
The College has a number of resources available to trainees including the Wellcome Museum, which is an excellent place to study and revise for the MRCS
Opportunities in Surgery has a number of chances for trainees to volunteer and teach medical and pre-medical students.For information on the range of activities that we need support for please see here.
- NHS Careers The information service for careers in the NHS in England.
- NHS Jobs the website where jobs including non-training grades are advertised.
- Modernising Medical Careers (MMC)
- British Medical Association (BMA) Leading organization of doctors in the UK.
- British Medical Journal Careers (BMJ Careers) The most current and comprehensive medical jobs and courses listings and careers information online from The British Medical Journal (BMJ Careers).
- The Lancet UK medical journal.